Monday, October 10, 2016

Room for one please.............





I'm traveling for work to help out at a new location. It is actually fun to do. New faces and it is just a change of pace. I had to drive through torrential rains, which made the trip longer. Plus the closed roads and my gsp going in and out due to lack of signal from the storm. I finally get to my hotel, soaked and tired, I just want to check in, change and chill a moment before I have to go to work.

Lucky me has to wait behind long line of a high school travel hockey team to check in first!!! Yes, that's my luck. It is all good. I like hockey and had some interesting chats about the game and the NHL. (Note to self: get up early for breakfast) No time to chill and off to work I go.

Work was crazy but fun. I get back to the hotel. As I unpack my stuff, I open the nightstand draw and find a bible. A Bible. It got me thinking. I believe God does exist. I have to wonder why the bible is in the room? Why does every Hotel and Motel put bibles in the rooms? What does it represent? What do hotel/motel owners know that we do not know?  Why did they think people would go there to pray? To catch up on their reading of the bible? Study some verses and catch up with God? Why hasn't anyone complained about this?

My biggest questions is, Why do we have bibles in hotel/motel rooms but society does not want us saying, "Merry Christmas" during the holiday season so not to offend someone's beliefs. Yah okay.

Society has an issue with the pledge of allegiance, what bathroom to use, how we greet someone during a very Christian based time of year, and the list goes on and on and on.....

Maybe I am overtired from the trip and long work day but I don't think anyone is reading the bible during their stay in these rooms. If you take the time to read the bible, you would know that it teaches kindness, compassion, acceptance, and so much more than how we are behaving in society today.

I am not saying that you need to read the bible and become a Christian. I am not pushing religion on you. I am not asking you to change what you believe in.

I am asking, why do you think a bible is in the hotel/motel room?

I think, we may find ourselves traveling along this wonderful world that we live in and we need to be reminded that there is a basic kindness in all of us that we need to be showing to others.

And, maybe, just maybe, that was the plan of all these hotel/motel owners........



Until next time,
~It is what it is~

http://facebook.com/Jackiesview







No comments:

Post a Comment