Monday, August 20, 2018

Of course I have snacks.....



2 teenagers left for school today. Both had asked if I would be home and then hurriedly stated that they didn't need a ride or anything, they just wanted to know. I took the mandatory pictures and they said, "Bye!" No teary goodbyes, just Bye!

I am not sure what I expected but I guess I did expect something.

People discuss the empty nest phase. They still live with me but I kinda felt like that today.

My oldest son took me out to lunch. It was a good visit with him but I still felt blah all day.

The problem with this picture is, they are only showing the parents perspective and not the child's.

They are not showing them running out of the car or house with the excitement of being free from us. The excitement of being free to hang with their friends and make their own choices.

Nope. 

Not one sole has told me how I would feel in these moments when I discover the fact that this is what happens when you raise your kids to be independent functioning members of society.

I am grateful that my oldest still wants to have lunch with me. That he still discusses his life and asks my opinion on things. I love the adult relationship that we now have and I know I will try to foster the same in the others. In my defense, when he was a teen, I still had 3 more kids to get through.

But for now, I find myself looking at the clock in anticipation for the teens to come bursting through the door, not wanting to discuss their day but rather, if I had made them a snack cause they will be starving or if they can go over so n so's house before dinner.

Of course I have snacks waiting, what else was I going to do today?




Until Next Time,
~It is what it is~




No comments:

Post a Comment